Oat flour is often used in Wheat-Free recipes or recipes that call for flour but may be consumed raw, such as in this time-honored classic raw cookie dough recipe. Here’s the best part, homemade oat flour is incredibly cheap to make and takes literally just a couple minutes of your time.
If you’re making the flour to be gluten-free, it is imperative that you choose a gluten-free brand of oats such as Quaker Gluten-Free Oats as some brands may contain gluten or potential gluten contamination within the factory.
How to Make Homemade Oat Flour
Old Fashioned Oats, any brand you like
Blender or Food Processor
Place the dry oats in the blender or food processor.
Pulse for a few seconds at a time, until the oats are finely powdered.
Transfer the powdered oats to a sealable container such as a mason jar with a lid on it until you’re ready to cook with them.
Delicious Recipes Using Oat Flour
Powdered oats can be used in a variety of dishes, as an alternative to wheat flour in recipes. Here are a few of our favorite recipes utilizing oat flour:
- Raw Cookie Dough for One
- Guilt Free Blueberry Muffins
- Guilt Free Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
- Smoothies, Frosty Style Ice Cream Blends, etc
- Guilt Free Cinnamon Mango Muffins
- Guilt Free Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Brownies
- Morning Glory Banana Nut Muffins
- 15+ Awesome Flavors of Homemade Instant Oatmeal for dirt cheap breakfast
In addition to the tasty recipes above, powdered oats are wonderful in homemade beauty products as well, such as this Georgia Peach Facial Mask.