This cinnamon walnut fruit dip brings together walnuts, cherries, apple pie spice and a touch of brown sugar to create a delightfully smooth, creamy dip perfect for fruit, carrot sticks, or graham crackers.
Probably my favorite way to enjoy this cinnamon walnut dip is on fresh pineapple or crisp apple slices. It’s a flavor explosion in your mouth that really satisfies the snack monster that lurks within! Haha
How to Make Cinnamon Walnut Fruit Dip
1 (8oz) pkg Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 T. Walnuts, Chopped
1/4 c. Sour cream or vanilla greek yogurt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of Apple Pie Spice
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
3 T. Dried Cherries, Chopped
- Start by taking your cream cheese and blend it until it’s smooth and creamy. This forms the base of your dip.
- Next, mix in the vanilla extract for a touch of sweetness, followed by the walnuts for a delightful crunch.
- Add in the sour cream or yogurt, whichever you prefer. This adds a tangy note to balance the sweetness.
- Now, sprinkle in the cinnamon and apple pie spice, giving your dip a warm, spicy undertone.
- Stir in the brown sugar to balance out the flavors with a hint of sweetness.
- Finally, fold in the chopped dried cherries and walnuts adding a fruity twist and chewy texture to your dip.
- Once everything is well combined, chill your dip in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Serve with slices of apples, grapes, melon or pineapple chunks etc. Or use it as a spread on graham crackers, animal crackers or even butter crackers such as Ritz.
Dip or Cheeseball Consistency
If you prefer more of a “Dip” consistency and less of a cheese ball consistency, add 1/2 c. sour cream OR 1/2 c. vanilla yogurt to the cream cheese, blending until smooth BEFORE adding remaining ingredients.
Serving the Cinnamon Walnut Fruit Dip as a Cheeseball
If you’re looking to switch things up and serve the Cinnamon Walnut Fruit Dip as a cheeseball, here’s how you can do it:
- Recipe for Cinnamon Walnut Fruit Dip
- 1/2 cup additional chopped walnuts
- Prepare the dip: Follow the step-by-step recipe outlined above to make the Cinnamon Walnut Fruit Dip.
- Chill: Once the dip is prepared, cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator. Allow it to chill for at least 2 hours or until it becomes firm enough to hold its shape.
- Form the cheeseball: Remove the chilled dip from the fridge. Using clean hands, shape the dip into a ball. If the mixture is too sticky, you can lightly dust your hands with powdered sugar to prevent sticking.
- Coat the cheeseball: Spread the additional chopped walnuts on a flat surface or plate. Roll the formed cheeseball in the chopped walnuts until it’s fully coated.
- Chill again: Place the walnut-coated cheeseball on a serving plate and chill it in the refrigerator for another hour or so before serving. This will help the cheeseball to retain its shape.
- Serve: When ready to serve, place the cheeseball on a platter surrounded by slices of fresh fruit, crackers, or bread.
Remember, a cheeseball is best served cold, so keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to serve it. Enjoy this tasty twist on the Cinnamon Walnut Fruit Dip!
This recipe is one of our favorites for snacking & travels well in a small cooler.
Cinnamon Walnut Fruit Dip Recipe Print Now
Cinnamon Walnut Fruit Dip Recipe
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and whip gently until smooth.8 oz Cream Cheese¼ cup Sour cream
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, apple pie spice and vanilla, mixing well.¾ teaspoon cinnamonPinch Apple Pie Spice¼ cup Brown Sugar½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fold in the walnuts and dried cherries, mixing well to incorporate.3 Tablespoons Walnuts3 Tablespoons Dried Cherries
- Chill at least 2 hours prior to serving for the flavors to meld together.
- Serve with slices of apples, grapes, melon or pineapple chunks etc. Or use it as a spread on graham crackers, animal crackers or even butter crackers such as Ritz.
To Make a Cheeseball
- Follow the directions above, chill for 2 hours, remove from fridge, scrape down the bowl, then swirl the bowl in circles, causing the dip to form a ball.
- Add finely chopped walnuts and swirl again, coating the ball. Transfer to a serving dish.
If you altered the ingedients above by doubling or tripling the recipe, you may also need to change the pan/dish size and adjust the cooking/baking time.