If you like buffalo chicken wings, you’ll love this loaded potato buffalo chicken hot dish. A Mouthwatering blend of perfectly seasoned roasted potatoes smothered in cheese, scallions, crispy bacon and adorned with delicious morsels of buffalo chicken!
Buffalo chicken wings are a great dish, but this takes it a step further and makes a complete meal in a casserole-style hot dish that the entire family will love. It’s a great way to stretch a small amount of chicken into a hearty, filling meal.
We’ve included a couple of versions below, a family-size recipe that easily feeds 4-6 people and a downsized version for smaller households that feeds 2-3 people.
Loaded Potato Buffalo Chicken Casserole Video
Loaded Potato Buffalo Chicken Hot Dish Family Size
To feed 4-6 People You’ll Need
2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cubed (1″)
4-6 medium potatoes, washed, diced
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. paprika
6 Tbsp. hot sauce
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 cups fiesta blend cheese
4-6 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
1 cup green onion, sliced thinly
Preheat oven to 450°F .
Lightly spray a 9″X13″ baking dish with olive oil or another non-stick spray. (We use a Misto) In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
Add the diced potatoes and stir to coat. Spoon the potatoes from the seasoning mixture using a slotted spoon and transfer them to the 9×13 dish. Don’t pour them as you need the remaining seasoning mixture to marinate the chicken in.)
Add the diced chicken to the bowl with the leftover olive oil/hot sauce mixture and stir to coat. Allow it to marinate while the potatoes cook.
Bake the potatoes for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 12-15 minutes, until cooked through and crispy and browned on the outside,
Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove them from the oven and then lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
Top the cooked potatoes with the raw marinated chicken, Sprinkle with Cheese, Scallions, and Bacon. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the topping is bubbly delicious.
Serve with extra hot sauce, ranch dressing a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Small Batch Recipe
To Feed 2-3 People: You’ll Need
1 boneless chicken breast, cubed (1″)
2 potatoes (large), washed, diced
2 tsp. garlic powder
Olive oil (about 2 Tablespoons)
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
4 Tbsp. hot sauce (we used Franks)
1 fiesta blend cheese
3 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup sliced scallions
Follow directions as listed above, except using a 9″x9″ baking dish or a pie plate instead of a 9″x13″.
Loaded Potato Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 450F. Lightly spray a 9"X13" baking dish with olive oil or another non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce.⅓ cup olive oil, 1 ½ Tablespoon garlic powder, 1 Tablespoon paprika, 6 Tablespoons hot sauce, 1 Tablespoon black pepper, 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Add the diced potatoes and stir to coat.4-6 potatoes
- The potatoes should be spooned out of the seasoning mixture using a slotted spoon and placed in the 9x13 dish2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- Toss the diced chicken with the leftover olive oil/hot sauce mixture in the bowl. Let it marinate while the potatoes cook.
- Bake potatoes for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 12-15 minutes, until cooked through and crispy and browned.
- Top the cooked potatoes with raw marinated chicken, sprinkle with cheese, scallions, and bacon.2 cups fiesta blend cheese, 6 slices crispy bacon, 1 cup green onion
- Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with additional hot sauce, ranch dressing, or a dollop of sour cream, as desired.
If you altered the ingedients above by doubling or tripling the recipe, you may also need to change the pan/dish size and adjust the cooking/baking time.