Corn, tomatoes and cheese in a lightly spiced creamy blend of deliciousness, this Hot-n-Spicy Corn dip recipe is sure to be a party pleaser!
This is one of our favorite go-to recipes when we need to make an inexpensive last minute potluck style dish. It’s delicious hot or cold and you might want to make a double batch, because it always seems to be the first to go!
If you don’t have frozen corn you could use two cans of mexi-corn blend, well drained. Occasionally we also add a drained 4-oz can of chopped green chilies as well.
Hot-n-Spicy Corn Dip
2 c. frozen corn, thawed, well drained
1(8oz) pkg Neufchatel Cheese, softened (or cream cheese!)
1 can Rotel (Hot or Mild) Diced Tomatoes or 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
1/2 cup shredded Four Cheese Blend
2 Tbsp. finely chopped pickled Jalapeño peppers
1/4 tsp. chili powder
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- Combine the Neufchatel Cheese (or cream cheese) and chili powder until blended. Add the entire can of un-drained Rotel tomatoes, and jalapenos mixing well.
- Fold in all of the corn and add half of the cheese blend to the mix.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a pie plate or small casserole dish, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with veggie sticks, crackers, wheat thins, etc. You can use Cream cheese in place of the Neufchatel cheese, but it’s higher in fat/calories.
- If you’d prefer a slightly less spicy dish, use mild Rotel or use a fresh garden tomato that has been diced.
- We normally serve this dip with Wheat Thin style crackers, but it’s fabulous with corn chips or corn tortilla chips and looks especially stunning with Blue tortilla chips.