Create your own amazing full flavored maple candied bacon! Maple syrup is baked into thickly sliced cuts of bacon create a lightly sweetened, yet savor candy-like coating, ideal for breakfast, as a snack with a cocktail or in our delicious maple bacon fudge recipe!
How to Make Maple Candied Bacon
5 slices thick-cut bacon (about 1/2 pound)
2/3 cup Grade A dark amber pure maple syrup
- Place the bacon strips in 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake 15 minutes in a 400F oven.
- Remove from oven; drain fat & pat the bacon slices with paper towels or a lint-free cotton cloth to remove any excess grease.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Pour maple syrup over bacon slices, flipping to evenly coat both sides.
Bake 16 minutes, remove from oven, flip the bacon slice and return to oven rotating the pan, bake an additional 16 minutes until bacon is golden brown and syrup is thick, (Keep a close eye on it for the last 10 minutes.)
Carefully transfer the hot bacon candy to parchment paper using tongs. Let cool to harden. Bacon candy will keep up to 10 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
How to Make Brown Sugar Candied Bacon
Brown sugar candied bacon is also known as bacon jerky.
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
ground black pepper to taste
1/2 pound thick-cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and black pepper mixing well.
- Place bacon slices on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn slices and bake an additional 5 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and brush both sides generously with brown sugar mixture.
- Return bacon to the oven and bake another 5 minutes. Repeat basting every 5 minutes until bacon is browned and crisp, about 45-60 minutes.