Love the taste of that fall favorite at DQ? Unfortunately, this delight is available on a limited basis so we thought we’d share our favorite copycat DQ pumpkin pie blizzard recipe so you can enjoy the flavor year-round.
Copycat DQ Pumpkin Pie Blizzard
The to making the perfect copycat Pumpkin Pie Blizzard is using Libby’s canned pumpkin pie mix, it’s just the amount of pumpkin flavor! If you’re wondering where you can find this item, it’s available at your local grocery store (in the USA only, sorry). It’s also available on Amazon.
The can size for Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Mix is 30 oz. Which means that you can make 13 homemade blizzards from 1 can. (or about .15 per serving!) To save the pie filling for later simply divide it into ice cube trays and freeze.
You’ll need to use 2-3 “cubes” of the frozen pie filling per blizzard, depending on the size of your ice cube tray. If you’re unsure simply use a tablespoon and measure water into the tray cube, you need four tablespoons (which is equal to 1/4 c.)
- scant 1/4 cup of Libby’s canned Pumpkin Pie mix
- 2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Crushed Nilla Wafers of graham cracker crust pieces (see the recipe below)
- cool whip or whipped cream
In a blender (or mason jar bullet) blitz the vanilla ice cream with the pumpkin pie mix, just enough to mix them in, then add graham cracker crust pieces or nilla wafers and blitz again.
Make sure you use Pumpkin pie mix and not plain pureed pumpkin.
Graham Cracker Crust Chunks
Here’s how to make your own Graham Cracker Crust Pieces-
- 6 graham cracker squares, crushed fine
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
Combine all the ingredients, blending together, then press into the bottom of a loaf pan and place it in the fridge until firm. Break into medium-sized chunks to make graham cracker crust pieces.
Budget101 Price Breakdown
Store brand ice cream is $1.97- a scoop is about 1/2 c, there are 12 (1/2 c. servings) per container = .16 per scoop or .32 per homemade blizzard
Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Mix is $2. a can (Walmart price), there are 13 servings per can = .15 per serving
Graham Cracker Crust pieces = .10
Total Cost of Homemade Pumpkin Pie Blizzard-like Treat = Less than 60¢ per treat!
Copycat Dairy Queen Pumpkin Pie Blizzard
- ¼ cup Libby’s canned Pumpkin Pie mix
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup Nilla Wafers or graham cracker crust pieces
- cool whip or whipped cream
- In a blender (or mason jar bullet) blitz the vanilla ice cream with the pumpkin pie mix, just enough to mix them in.2 scoops vanilla ice cream1/4 cup Libby’s canned Pumpkin Pie mix
- Add the graham cracker crust chunks or nilla wafers and blitz again, pulsing.1/4 cup Nilla Wafers or graham cracker crust pieces
- Graham Cracker Crust Chunks
- Combine all the ingredients, blending together, then press into the bottom of a loaf pan and place it in the fridge until firm. Break into medium-sized chunks to make graham cracker crust pieces.6 graham cracker squares1 Tablespoon butter1 Tablespoon sugar
- Top with Whipped cream or Cool Whip, as desired.cool whip or whipped cream
If you altered the ingedients above by doubling or tripling the recipe, you may also need to change the pan/dish size and adjust the cooking/baking time.