Make your own lemonade popsicles, a childhood favorite, these delicious treats are simple to make from scratch or for an even easier dessert, just freeze your favorite lemonade in popsicle molds.
In order to get the most juice from a lemon, make sure that they are room temperature before juicing! Use the palm of your hand to roll the intact fruit just prior to cutting to help release the juice.
- Zest the two lemons and set them aside.
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine sugar, water, and the fresh lemon zest and heat over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Combine lemon juice with cooled sugar/water/zest mixture. Strain the mixture to remove any seeds or pulp, if needed.
- Carefully fill your favorite popsicle molds about a 1/8″ from the top. Add popsicle sticks or popsicle caps and then freeze overnight.
To unmold the popsicles, run under hot water from the faucet for 10 seconds on each side, wait another 20 seconds and gently pull apart with slow steady pressure and they’ll pop right out!
Creamy Lemonade Popsicles
If you prefer your popsicles to have an ice-cream like texture, you’ll love this creamy lemonade popsicle recipe.
2 and 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 and 1/2 lemons)
zest of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons of milk, almond milk or heavy cream
2 Tablespoons of honey or agave
- Combine the ingredients, stirring together to incorporate.
- Taste it to ensure it meets your preference, add more lemon or honey as desired.
- Transfer to popsicle molds and freeze overnight.