Make your own Authentic Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix to have on hand for a quick last minute addition to any meal.
This recipe is just a bit different than the other ones floating around…I actually deconstructed, weighed, and measured the official mix I bought at Sam’s. Tastes exactly the same as the biscuits from the trademark mix…just cheaper.
2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix-(MYO or Commercial)
1/2 tbsp sugar
1. Mix together and seal in a quart sized zip top bag; label. (makes 1 pouch!)
*Garlic Herb Blend Mix:
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning-finely crushed
1. Mix together and seal in a snack sized zip top bag; seal and label.
2. Place bag inside Biscuit Mix bag.
Mix together; label and seal.
To Prepare Biscuits:
3/4 cup cold water
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 pouch *Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix
To Prepare *Garlic Herb Blend:
1/4 C butter
1/2 tsp garlic Herb Blend
1. Preheat oven to 425. Prepare a baking sheet pan.
2. Stir together *Biscuit Mix, water, and cheese until a soft dough forms. ((Don’t overmix))
3. Scoop dough into 8-10 portions, (about 1/4 cup each-ice cream scoops work well), and place 2 inches apart onto a prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake 14-16 minutes until golden brown on top.
5. Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Combine butter and *Garlic Herb Blend; stir until well blended.
6. Spoon or brush over hot biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.
Photo Credit: Canstock Photo HHLtDave5