Pizza Bites are a simple make-ahead snack that is perfect for an afterschool snack, movie night with the family and more. The best part is, they’re so easy to make. Here’s how to make your own yummy, copycat Totinos pizza rolls!
How to Make Copycat Totino’s Pizza Rolls
Gather all of your ingredients before starting. To make the pizza roll filling, combine the mozzarella cheese, pizza seasoning, pizza sauce, minced onion, garlic, and pepperoni pieces in a medium-sized bowl.
Mix the ingredients well until they’re completely combined. Place a wonton wrapper on a solid surface, add a teaspoon of filling to the middle.
Dip your finger in the small bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wonton wrapper to wet it very lightly. Then fold each of the sides over, sealing each pizza bite. As you seal them, be sure to press the wrapper tightly against the filling, you want to avoid large air bubbles.
The pizza rolls should look like little squares, fully sealed, like this:
Repeat the process until all of the pizza roll filling mixture is gone. The kids really enjoy helping with making these. Don’t be afraid to try different fillings, we’ve added some ideas at the bottom of the post!
Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet or Frydaddy, fry the pizza roll bites until they are golden brown on both sides, flipping only once. Do not leave them in for too long or they make burst and all the filling will run out. These can also be cooked in an Air Fryer, simply mist them lightly with olive oil prior.
The freeze fairly well and can easily be reheated in a counter-top toaster oven or microwave. This recipe makes about 48 depending on how fat you stuff them.
Copycat Totino’s Pizza Rolls
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp pizza seasoning mix or Italian seasoning
3/4 jar of pizza sauce
3 Tbs Onion, finely minced
1 tsp garlic, minced (1 garlic clove)
A handful of pepperoni slices, diced finely or 1/4 cup Finely chopped cooked sausage
a small bowl of water (about a Tablespoon)
- In a medium bowl combine the mozzarella, pizza seasoning, pizza sauce, minced onion, garlic, and pepperoni pieces. Place a wonton wrapper on a solid surface, add a teaspoon of filling to the middle.
- Dip your finger in the small bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wonton wrapper to wet it very lightly. Then fold the sides over, sealing each pizza bite.
- Repeat until the filling is gone.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet or frydaddy, (370°F) fry the pizza bites until golden brown on both sides, flipping once.
Yield: approximately 48
Additional Filling Ideas:
- Diced Ham & Cheese (American Cheese or Swiss Cheese)
- Diced Corn Beef & Swiss Cheese
- Pepperoni, Sausage
- Ham and Pineapple Bits
- Elvis Bites- Fried Banana & Peanut Butter Bites
Please feel free to share your filling ideas below!