This mild teriyaki jerky recipe is a mild flavored marinade that complements the meat well without an overpowering sweetness.
* 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2/3 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
* 1/2 cup of no-pulp orange juice
* 1/4 cup of water
* 1 Tablespoon honey
* 1 teaspoon soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, blending well. Place 3-4 lbs of sliced beef ore venison into a large ziploc bag, pour the marinade over the meat. Close the bag, using your fingers, work the marinade around all of the meat pieces, carefully, making sure each piece is thoroughly coated in marinade. Remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal. Place the meat in the fridge for 18-24 hours.
Dry using your favorite method, as desired.