Whip together 5 simple ingredients to create a delicious beef cheeseball that everyone will rave about! It takes less than 10 minutes to throw together and is one of my most requested appetizers at gatherings.
I’ve been making this recipe for nearly 20 years and I have to admit this is probably the only useful thing I ever received from my step-monster, honestly speaking! The flavors of the beef, scallions, and garlic come together nicely and are even better the next day.
- 2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces dried beef, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (or 1/3 cup minced onion)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
In a medium-size bowl or mixer combine cream cheese, whip until smooth.
Add dried beef, chopped onions, and garlic salt. Mix well.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl, toss on the shredded cheddar cheese
Swirl the bowl to form a ball, coating it with cheese. Transfer to a serving dish, cover & refrigerate until ready to serve.
The recipe can be doubled or halved as needed.
Some folks like to use chopped nuts or finely chopped cooked bacon in place of the cheese or in addition to it). Serve with Ritz Crackers or cut veggies, as desired.
If you don’t happen to have scallions, Vidalia or red onions will do nicely as well. Use what you have available.
If you prefer a lot of cheese you can also add 1/3- 1/2 cup into the cream cheese dried beef mixture as well.
If you love cheeseballs, you might also enjoy these:
- Cinnamon Apple Cherry Cheeseball– a tantalizing blend of walnuts, cherries, and spices to dip fruit such as apple slices, grapes or cantaloupe chunks
- Bacon Jalapeno Cheeseball – all the flavors of jalapeno poppers without the hassle of heating the kitchen or grill
- Chocolate Mint Cheeseball Mix – a sweeter cheeseball best served with holiday sugar cookies and apple slices