Enjoy the creamy rich flavor of this highly anticipated Holiday Favorite, Eggnog. This simple make-ahead egg nog mix recipe offers a hint of nutmeg and requires no cooking to prepare. Surprisingly, no eggs are needed to achieve the rich flavor of traditional eggnog!
Instant homemade eggnog mix is a very simple combination of powdered milk, vanilla pudding, powdered coffee creamer, and nutmeg. To prepare a tasty nog in 2 minutes flat, combine one-fourth cup of eggnog mix with one cup each of milk and ice cubes. Blend and Enjoy!
Not only that but thankfully it doesn’t take up any room in your refrigerator either! We’ve provided several batch size options below, one for gift giving (bulk) and one for trying (perfect for smaller family households). To get started, gather your ingredients.
Egg Nog Mix:
- 1 (3 qt.) box of powdered milk (9.6 ounces total)
- 2 (3 oz.) boxes of french vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (6 oz.) jar of dry coffee creamer, vanilla flavored or plain
- 2 Tbsp. nutmeg
Mix all ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container (or in jars for gift giving!).
Make your own Instant Egg Nog:
- 3-4 Tbs eggnog mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
Combine mix, milk, and ice cubes in a blender until smooth, add 1 tsp vanilla extract. Garnish with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg if desired.
Small Batch Homemade Eggnog Mix
If you’re the type of person who wants to try something first to be sure you like the taste, here’s a small-batch version of the above recipe.
1 (3oz) pkg french vanilla instant pudding
3 oz powdered coffee creamer (about 3/4 cup)
1 Tbs nutmeg
1 1/8th cups powdered milk
Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl, stir well to fully incorporate.
Just prior to using, stir well to ensure the ingredients have not settled into layers.
4 Tbs Eggnog mix
1 cup milk
1 cup of ice cubes
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
or 1 shot of your favorite rum
Combine mix, milk, and ice cubes in a blender until smooth, add 1 tsp vanilla extract or a shot of rum. Garnish with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg if desired.
Unlike traditional egg nog recipes, this mix can be transformed into a rich, delicious drink in with or without alcohol in two minutes flat, and you don’t have to worry about having refrigerator space or it spoiling.
Homemade Eggnog Mix II:
- 3 1/3 c. Nonfat Dry Milk Powder (we prefer Carnation Brand for this recipe)
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/2 c. Buttermilk Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Nutmeg
Combine ingredients, blending well to ensure they are fully mixed. To use, add 3-4 Tbs of mix per cup of cold milk. To be honest, this one just doesn’t have the same robust eggnog flavor as the one above, but it’s still worth sharing.
Print Egg Nog Mix Recipe
Instant Egg nog Mix Recipe
- 6 ounces french vanilla instant pudding
- 6 ounces powdered coffee creamer
- 2 Tablespoons nutmeg
- 96 ounces powdered milk (3 Quarts)
- Yields: 75 Servings
- 3 ounces french vanilla instant pudding
- 3 ounces powdered coffee creamer (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 ⅛ cups powdered milk
- Yield: 10 Servings
To Make a Big Batch of Egg Nog Mix
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container or in jars for gift giving!6 ounces french vanilla instant pudding6 ounces powdered coffee creamer2 Tablespoons nutmeg96 ounces powdered milk
- Yield: 75 (3 Tablespoon) Servings
To Make a Small Batch of EggNogg Mix
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container.3 ounces french vanilla instant pudding3 ounces powdered coffee creamer1 Tablespoon Ground Nutmeg1 ⅛ cups powdered milk
- Yield: 10 (3 Tablespoon) Servings
To Make a Glass of Eggnog
- Combine mix, milk, and ice cubes in a blender until smooth, add 1 tsp vanilla extract.3-4 Tablespoons eggnog mix1 cup milk1 cup ice cubes1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg if desired.
If you altered the ingedients above by doubling or tripling the recipe, you may also need to change the pan/dish size and adjust the cooking/baking time.