Granola is one of the most versatile munchies to have on hand, you can add it to yogurt for crunchy kick, enjoy a bowl of it for breakfast, or as a fast afterschool snack.
- 3/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1/3 c. Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 c. Honey
Combine the following in a large heat proof bowl:
- 5 c. Oatmeal (not the quick-cook kind!)
- 1/2 c. Dry Milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. raisins or chopped dried fruit of your choice
Combine brown sugar, oil and honey in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking occasionally.
Bring it to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Pour syrup mix over the bowl, mix well. Pour onto buttered cookie sheet, bake at 375F for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cool and store.
:jar: You can add the raisins before or After baking, your choice. I added them before baking.
- Ice Cream Topping
- Yogurt Topping
- Breakfast Cereal
- Add to Fruit Salad for crunchy kick
- Mix with Fruit butters or nut butters to enjoy with apple slices
- Use it as a topping for fruit crisps (apple/cherry/etc)