Granola is one of the most versatile munchies to have on hand, you can add it to yogurt for crunchy kick, enjoy a bowl of it for breakfast, or as a fast afterschool snack.
- 3/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1/3 c. Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 c. Honey
Combine the following in a large heat proof bowl:
- 5 c. Oatmeal (not the quick-cook kind!)
- 1/2 c. Dry Milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. raisins or chopped dried fruit of your choice
Combine brown sugar, oil and honey in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking occasionally.
Bring it to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Pour syrup mix over the bowl, mix well. Pour onto buttered cookie sheet, bake at 375F for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cool and store.
You can add the raisins before or After baking, your choice. I added them before baking.
- Ice Cream Topping
- Yogurt Topping
- Breakfast Cereal
- Add to Fruit Salad for crunchy kick
- Mix with Fruit butters or nut butters to enjoy with apple slices
- Use it as a topping for fruit crisps (apple/cherry/etc)