My kids love the delicious richness of frozen pudding pop fudgesicles, but personally, I hate the price! Here is my favorite homemade fudgesicle recipe, so easy, even the kids can make them . . .
Frozen Pudding Pop Fudgesicles
- 1 small box (3oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 small can (5oz) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix on med/high for 2-4 minutes, or until well blended. Pour into molds and freeze. If using Dixie Cups, When partially frozen, insert Popsicle stick into the center of each.
Makes 10-12 depending on the size of your pudding pop mold.
Homemade Pudding Pops
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) instant Pudding (see flavor list below for ideas)
- 2 cups of cold milk (Use Whole milk, not lowfat or 2%)
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix on med/high for 2-4 minutes, or until well blended. Pour into molds and freeze. If using Dixie Cups, When partially frozen, insert Popsicle stick into center of each.
Flavors we’ve tried and enjoyed:
- Almond Joy– Use Chocolate Pudding Mix, add 1/4 c. shredded coconut and 3 Tbs Finely Chopped Almonds
- Banana Cream – Use Banana Pudding Mix, add 1/2 chopped banana if desired & 2 broken up Nilla Wafers per pop
- Butterscotch Pudding Pops– use Butterscotch pudding mix, add 1/4 cup butterscotch morsels
- Cheesecake -Use Cheesecake Pudding Mix, add 1/4 cup Chopped (fresh) Strawberries (or sweet cherries) to the mix
- Chocolate Banana Cream– to create double flavors, make 2 different flavors and gently layer them by pouring very very slowly into the molds!
- Chocolate covered Cherry – simply add 1/4 c. chopped fresh cherries to the above recipe
- Coconut Cream– use coconut cream instant pudding or vanilla pudding mix and add 1/3 c. shredded sweetened coconut
- Cookies and Cream – use vanilla pudding, add 1/4 c. crushed oreo cookies or alternatively, you can use Oreo Pudding mix from Jell-O
- Pistachio – use pistachio pudding mix and add 2 Tbs finely Chopped Pistachio Nuts
- Pumpkin Spice Pudding Pops– use pumpkin spice pudding mix (this one is really good swirled with Chocolate)
- Strawberry Cream- use strawberry creme pudding mix & add 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Vanilla & Chocolate Swirl –carefully layer vanilla and chocolate pudding, then using a butter knife or popsicle stick insert it into the center and make a brief “swirl” motion
Keto Chocolate Pudding Pops
Heat the milk in a small saucepan, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, blend well until completely smooth and immediately transfer to popsicle molds. Freeze until solid. These contain 2.5g of carbs per pop