Do you love the convenience of those little frozen loaves or pre-made rolls of bread dough? We do too, but I don’t love the price of them. Here’s how to make your own freezer bread dough or frozen roll dough to have on hand anytime, for all occasions.
Freezer Bread Dough Recipe
2 1/2 cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
2 pkg Dry yeast
2 cups milk
3 tbs Butter — melted
1/3 cup Granulated sugar
2 tsp Salt
2 Egg whites — whipped
5 1/2 cup Unbleached all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour and yeast.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, margarine, sugar, and salt just until warm (115 to 120 degrees), stirring constantly until margarine almost melts.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients in mixing bowl along with egg whites.
- Beat at low speed for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes at high speed. Stir in remaining flour
as you can mix in with a spoon.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough flour to make a stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total).
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each of 2 portions into loaves.
- Store in freezer container with a double thickness of waxed paper between. Divide remaining dough into 16 balls. Arrange balls 1″ apart in a freezer container.
Remove the dough from the freezer and place on a silpat or greased loaf pan. Let the dough thaw and rise until doubled in size. Bake.
submitted to Budget101.com by Deanna