Taco Bell’s Hot taco sauce
1 6-oz can tomato paste
3 cups water
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2-1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoon minced dried onion
2 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices (“nacho slices”)
1. Combine the tomato past with the water in a saucepan over medium
heat. Stir until smooth.
2. Add the cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, cornstarch, vinegar,
and dried onion. Stir.
3. Chop the jalapeno slices very fine. You can use a food processor,
but don’t puree. The best kind of jalapeno to use are those bottled
for nachos or pizza. Add them to the mixture.
4. Heat the mixture to boiling. Continue to stir about 3 minutes and
remove from the heat.
5. Let the sauce stand until cool, and then put in a tightly sealed
container and refrigerate. This will last 1 to 2 months. Makes 3-1/2