Here’s an incredibly simple way to transform your yard into a freaky ghostly gathering! This simple lawn ghost decoration is made with inexpensive drop cloth and clear packing tape.
How to Make Lawn Ghosts
Cheap Plastic Drop Cloths
White paper, newspaper or even leaves to stuff the heads
6 or 8 Lengths of rebar- 3 to 4 feet high (or Garden Stakes)
Clear packing tape
a bunch of older outdoor white
Christmas Lights with a long extension cord
1. Hammer your rebar into the ground in a circle formation.
2. Cut lengths of drop cloth double the height you want your ghosts
3. Form the head by balling up paper. When you have a large enough ball place in the center of stretched out drop cloth section.
4. Gather the drop cloth and cover the paper forming a head, almost as if you were covering a lollypop
5. Place “head” of rebar and wrap packing tape around plastic to form neck
6. Randomly cut up from the bottom of the plastic to form ribbons
7. Gather at the waist area and tape again Your ghosts should now look like armless lollypop dolls at this point.
8. Cut several long strips of drop cloth to form arms. These are crisscrossed and tied around chest area, then each “hand end” is knotted to the next ghost’s “hand end” to look like they are holding hands.
9. Place your heap of lights on the center and plug in!
This was a Pinterest share that I saved last year! If you’d like a less spooky lawn ghost decoration, you could use pumpkin pails as the head and add happy smiles.