Wrapping paper can be a pain to store, here’s a simple wrapping paper tip to prevent rolls of opened wrapping paper from unraveling or tearing prematurely.
Wrapping Paper Tip
Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose! Repurpose the cardboard center from rolls of toilet paper, paper towels, or other wrapping paper tubes to create handy protective sleeves for your wrapping paper. These sleeves hold the paper edges in place without the edges tearing. The best part, unlike tape, when you remove them you don’t have to worry about the paper tearing or any of the design coming off.
Cardboard Tube- this can be from paper towels, empty toilet paper roll, or the center from a roll of wrapping paper, etc
opened roll of wrapping paper
- Cut off a 3″ to 4″ piece off the cardboard tube. We used the center from another roll of wrapping paper that we finished off already. Turn the tube and cut it lengthwise.
- Slip the cut tube over the wrapping paper, sealing it.
- If the wrapping paper tube is longer, add a cardboard tube to the top and bottom to help keep the paper from unraveling.
Wrapping Paper Organization Ideas
Here are a few ways to help keep your wrapping paper organized, clean and handy all year round!
Repurposed Garment Bag Idea
Double-Sided Hanging Gift Wrap Organizer Storage Bag
Converted Canvas Shoe Organizer Idea
Wrapping Paper Storage Ideas
Wrapping paper is actually fairly easy to store, keep it in dry, moisture-free areas and it will last for several years, allowing you to stock up on the end of season holiday sales!
- Store wrapping paper between the ceiling joists, simply add small tension bars or dowels across the joists.
- Create a handy wrapping paper station by adding rods to a heavy photo frame (no glass required!). This also helps keep the ribbon handy. (Directions Below)
- Over the door canvas organizers- cut the bottoms out of the middle layers as pictured above.
- If you have a couple of folding chairs sitting around, repurpose a folding chair bag to hold the rolls of wrap. This makes it easier to hang the rolls up in a storage area such as an attic or garage.
- Repurpose a popup laundry mesh storage basket to hold a large number of wrapping paper rolls.
- For a super frugal, very simple storage trick, use the ceiling area of a closet. Simply suspend the rolls using four drywall anchors with screws and galvanized wire. In this case, because the rolls are above your head, you’ll want to use screws and wire, rather than a string. Collectively, the rolls can become quite heavy.
We’d love to hear your wrapping paper tips-n-tricks too! Please feel free to share them in the comments below or submit them to us at DIY @ Budget101.com (spaces removed).