Create a spooky-looking haunted graveyard dessert complete with tombstones and worms.
I created this particular dessert this afternoon for a Halloween Party this evening. This is a play off of my favorite “Dirt Pudding” recipe that is always a hit at summer parties.
Haunted Graveyard Dirt Pudding Dessert
1 1/4 lb package of Oreo Cookies
2 small (3 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding (or instant chocolate pudding if you want a VERY rich dessert)
3 c. milk
1 stick butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip
Crush the Oreos in a blender or food processor, then set aside.
Mix two packages of vanilla pudding with 3 cups milk. Set aside for at least 5 minutes to thicken.
In the meantime combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar until smooth, add entire container of Cool Whip. Once this mix is smooth, add the prepared pudding.
Press half of the Oreos in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan.
Spread pudding mixture on top of this, like so:
Then sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreos on top of the pudding. Keep refrigerated. Just before serving, insert a few tombstones!
To create the gravestones:
1. Simply fill in the template with your favorite background pattern. Tombstone Templates Here
2. Add various sayings to the Tombstones
3. Print them on cardstock or heavy quality paper
4. *Optional* if you have a laminator– it’s great to laminate them to use in future recipes.
5. Cut them out, attach toothpicks to the bottoms using hot glue or whatever glue you have available. Let them dry.
6. Insert them just prior to serving
Add a few gummy worms around the “graveyard” as well! Also, these homemade tombstones work lovely as toppers to spooky cupcakes too.
It looks like a graveyard, tastes like heaven!