Create your very own tasty edible candied flowers using this simple delectable recipe.
First, you’ll need Petals from any edible flower (These flowers may be safely eaten and are suggested for this recipe: Pansy, violet, rose, nasturtium, gladiola, carnation, dianthus, calendula, squash blossom, lilac, marigold, dandelion, peach blossom, plum blossom, orange blossom, hibiscus, geranium, bachelor button, snapdragon, jasmine, gardenia, and angelica.)
Make Your own Candied Flowers
- Several well-beaten egg whites
- Vanilla extract
- Bowl of granulated sugar
- Edible Flowers of your Choice
- Mix a few drops of vanilla into the egg whites.
- Dip a paintbrush in the egg whites and coat the petals.
- Dip petals into sugar until coated, then spread on wax paper to dry.
- Use to decorate cakes, cookies, or anything else you like.
**You cannot use flowers bought at a florist for this recipe!! Many commercially bought flowers contain pesticides and it is not worth it to ingest poison. Please obtain all flowers from organic retailers or from home-grown sources.**
Recipe Originally by Edain McCoy’s “Ostara”
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / Elenathewise