A simple string of miniature Christmas lights and some 35mm film canisters combine to make a pretty convincing demon invasion in your hedges.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 string of miniature Christmas lights. All red is preferred, all white is OK. Blinkers work best.
- 1 35mm film canister for each bulb on the string
- 1 piece of white poster board
- Frosted Scotch tape
- Red permanent marker if you’re using white bulbs
- A drill
- A 3/16 inch drill bit
- An X-Acto Knife
Here’s what you do:
• With the film canister facing you, top side pointing up towards the ceiling, drill 2 holes into the “face” of the canister, about ½” apart.
• Cut a small piece of poster board the same height as the inside of the canister, and slightly longer than the inside circumference of the canister.
• Roll the poster board loosely into a tube shape and insert inside the canister. Let it expand.
• Snap the top on to the canister and use the knife to carefully cut a small “X” through the top center of the canister.
• Pop a light from the string down through the “X”. Pull back up slightly to lock the bulb in place. Repeat for the remaining canisters.
• Place a small piece of tape over each “eye” hole that you drilled previously.
• If you are using white lights then put a dot of red marker on the tape that’s covering the eye hole.
• String the lights where desired and plug them in.