A fun appetizer for your Harry Potter movie marathon, these juicy Bat Wings are just the thing you need!
Bat Wings Appetizer
2 lbs of chicken wings
Your Favorite BBQ Sauce, we like copycat Sweet Baby Rays
Place the chicken wings in Bar-B-Q sauce, mixing to coat, then spread them out evenly on a Silpat lined baking sheet and bake in 350-degree oven for about 40 minutes. Serve on a small platter with a harry potter tag labeled “Bat Wings”.
Copycat Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce aka Bat Wings Glaze
1-6oz. can tomato paste
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 Tbs. pineapple juice
1/2 heaping tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. liquid smoke
1/4 cup white vinegar
3/4 Tbs. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
4 Tbs. molasses
3 Tbs. light corn syrup
3 Tbs. brown sugar
3 Tbs. cold water + 1 Tbs. corn starch
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, mix together all ingredients except for the thickener.
- Cook and stir until well combined and heated through.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine 3 Tbs of cold water with 1 Tbs of cornstarch, mixing well, then add to the sauce. Stir and cook about another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use immediately or cool and store in a sealed jar in the fridge.