Fizzy Bath bombs area wonderful way to relax after a long stressful day and these luxurious bath bombs are so simple to make, you’ll want to triple the batch and create gifts for your friends!
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup Epsom salts
1/2 c. corn starch
2 Tbs. almond oil or coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp water
food coloring (any color you want)
30-40 Drops Essential Oils (optional, but wonderful)
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, whisking together to fully incorporate. In a small dish combine the water and a couple drops of food coloring (whatever color you want), add the essential oils for whatever scent you prefer, such as jasmine, lavender, vanilla, rose, peppermint, etc.
Stir to combine the liquids. Add the liquid to the dry mixture a little at a time, whisking immediately after each addition until the mixture is fully incorporated.
Avoid adding the liquid all at once as this will activate the citric acid right away, killing the “fizziness” of your completed bath bomb.
Pack the mixture into the mold. If you’d like to add surprise items in the center this is the time to insert them. Magic grow capsules are a lot of fun for the kids.
Compact the mixture tightly.
Press the two sides firmly together. Tap lightly around the mold to loosen the bomb, then gently remove. Let the bomb dry completely overnight, then wrap in cellophane to store. Don’t try to store them in an airtight container as they’ll eventually explode/pop open.
- Try Lavender Essential oil with a couple drops of peppermint and use purple food coloring.
- Try Cinnamon and Clove Essential Oil
- Try Eucalyptus and lavender essential oilsfor a wonderful soothing, relaxing blend, perfect for wintertime!
- Try Orange or Neroli Essential Oil with Yellow Food Coloring
- Try Peppermint Essential Oilwith Red Food Coloring
- Try Lemongrass, Rosemary and Thyme Essential oilswith a few drops of Green food coloring
- Try Rose Essential Oilwith Red food coloring
Image Credit to Websun