Whether the kids are in school, homeschooled, or are still toddling around, here are some great healthy snack recipes that won’t empty your wallet while, but Will satiate their ravenous hunger!
- Baked Tortilla Chips w/ Salsa
- Chewy Granola Bars
- Crackers & Sliced Hard Cheese
- Cottage Cheese w/ Pineapple or sliced strawberries
- Dill Pickles Dipped in Peanut Butter
- Flavored Popcorn
- Fruit Slices w/ Peanut Butter or Fruit Dips or Caramel Dip
- Granola Bars (copycat Nature Valley Crunchy)
- Honey Granola
- Microwave Popcorn
- Popcorn in Various Flavors
- Saltines or Ritz Crackers with Jelly (Grape is Awesome!)
- Slice of Bread w/ Molasses for dipping
- String Cheese
- Trail Mix
- Veggie Sticks w/ Ranch Dip
- Yogurt: for variety add fruits, granola, chopped nuts,etc
MYO 100 Calorie Snack packs
- Baked Tortilla Chips w/ Salsa
- 1 small orange (fits in ziploc snack bag)
- 1 cup blueberries (fits in ziploc snack bag)
- 3 Tbs. raisins (fits in ziploc snack bag)
- 28 grapes (fits in ziploc snack bag)
- 2 Tbs. mixed nuts (fits in ziploc snack bag)
- 5 small soy crisps (fits in ziploc snack bag)
- 3/4 ounce cheddar cheese (fits in ziploc snack bag)
- 1 3/4 cups cantaloupe, raspberries or whole strawberries
- 1/2 red bell pepper + 3 Tbs. hummus
- 1/2 mini-bagel + 1 ounce salmon
- 1 1/2 hard-boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup bran cereal
Complete List of MYO Calories Snack Packs Here
Easy Instant Recipes
- Ants on a Log
- Fruit S’mores
- Fruit Kabobs: Chunks of fruit skewered onto pretzel sticks. To make ahead of time & prevent discoloration, dip in OJ before skewering them
- Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
- Pickled Froggies
- Pickle/Cucumber Bites
- Pudding Shakes
- Apple Juice Cubes
- Banana Pops: chunks of bananas rolled in yogurt or honey & then granola or cereal or chocolate, & Freeze
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Chex Muddy Buddies
- Coconut Whipped Cream & Fruit Chunks
- Deviled Eggs
- Granola Bars
- Gogurts: MYO
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Juice Bags
- Kool-Aid Sherbet
- MYO Fruit Leathers
- Muffins: Any kind (make’m, wrap’em in saran wrap & freeze’m, they reheat in the micro in 15-20 second
- Mug Mixes– here are a large number of make ahead Mug Mixes- single servings that are great for afterschool snacks
- Yogurt/ Fruit Parfaits
Have an idea for a snack? Share it in the Comments Below!
2 thoughts on “After School Snack Ideas”
you gave me some extra ideas for more variety. i pretty well always have veg sticks in the fridge and popcorn ready to be made at a moments notice.
we also dry fruit when it is on sale to snack on when it is out of season.
love these ideas and just wanted to share a recipe i make that everyone seems to enjoy…i only make it in the summer when tomatoes are dirt cheap in the shops or i have a glut of them from the garden. it’s a fresh/no cook salsa. tomatoes, just chopped up into little cubes, for us i usually chop up about 6-8 medium sized tomatoes.
Chop one onion, to the same size as the tomatoes or a little smaller, finely chop a chili pepper (the strength and amount you and the family like). Chop up a good handful of cilantro, stems and all. Next, add the juice of at least half a lemon, and a tablespoon or so of EVOO and mix all together…allow to rest for at least 10 minutes but longer is better for the flavors to mingle.
Then serve. This is great added to mashed up avocado for a guacamole as well. If for some reason you don’t like onion, you could chop up a handful of chives to get a slightly less pungent onion flavor.
I also like adding finely chopped garlic to mine, but not everyone likes garlic in it.
This will last a few days, if covered, in the fridge if you have leftovers…but if we have any left over that isn’t eaten the next day, I freeze any remaining salsa into ice cube trays and use it to add to my soups and stews to add a little extra flavor and zing.
But because it’s all fresh and homemade, you can have more of it in your 100 calorie snack pack then you would be able to have with prepared shop bought salsas…and you’re getting more fresh food into them, which can’t be a bad thing 😉 And they are great with lettuce leaves for something low calorie but crunchy in place of tortilla chips!