by, 01-09-2010 at 06:05 AM (3221 Views)
Phew, you made it through the week, it's already Saturday! Now, it would seem, what with the work week schedule, kids on the run to 20 different things all week long (sports, drama, friends, etc) that on Saturday a lady might finally have a little bit of time to herself to work out, Right??
Wrong. If your Saturday is anything like mine, you have even less time on the schedule to workout because you're too busy catching up on things like laundry, errands, bill paying, yardwork, etc.
My Saturday workout is 1 hour (minimum) of any type of Cardiofitness activity.
- Horseback Riding
- Power Walking 3-10 miles (with ankle weights)
- Bike Riding
- Wii Fit
- Vigorous Housework (not even kidding!)
- Bumping Uglies (just seeing if you're paying attention!)
- Anything that keeps you moving for an hour
I know this doesn't seem like much, but if you keep moving, you'll keep yourself motivated by the results you see (and feel!) daily.
As for Sunday, if you want to slip in an hour of cardio, then kudos to you. Did you know that it takes 21 days to develop a new habit?
Here are some helpful tips for making your Get Fit habit Stick:
1. Commit to 30 days- once you've made it through your first 30, the desire to workout becomes automatic.
2. Get a Buddy- find someone who'll help keep you motivated and won't bombard you with negativity. (Not the friend that says, "oh, you're dieting again")
3. Be Imperfect- For me, this is an easy one! Don't expect to pick up a workout routine and be great at all the moves and accomplish the full routine in 30 minutes right off the bat. It takes a couple weeks to get the hang of it and not be out of breath after each workout.
Have a Great Weekend and I'll see you bright and early Monday Morning!
If you're coming in to this series a little late, here's what you've missed so far:
1. My original Post with Before & After Photos
2. Wednesdays Workout - Rear End!
3. Thursdays Workout- Shoulders, Traps & Abs
4: Friday's Workout