Getting in a workout without a gym membership
by, 07-03-2009 at 01:39 PM (645 Views)
I am fortunate enough to have access to multiple high-tech gyms here on post, free for me to use (there's a cost for childcare, should I need it, and there's a fee to join a class, but no membership costs), but not everyone is so lucky, and quite frankly, I'm not crazy about sweating with strangers. So what's an overweight, busy woman to do?
Make do. And make it fun.
Here are some suggestions that I, too, will be using this summer:
- Use the stairs. By stepping up one or two stairs, you work your legs, butt, abs, AND back muscles.
- Invest in simple equipment: stretch bands, an exercise ball, and small free weights all will help you with your work out.
- Walk. What could be simpler? Take a walk around the block!
- Bike! I need to get my tires fixed and get a helmet. After that, I can bike around post.
- Tune to Fit TV, if you have cable. They do exercise shows.
- Wii Fit. I have one. Is your collecting dust like mine? Take it out and USE IT! You spent enough money on it!
This list is written mostly to myself. I need to get fit, and I need it to be convenient. Do you have any other suggestions?