Taking today’s economy into consideration, it can be tough to even Think about remodeling areas of your home that need some work. Fortunately, giving your kitchen a complete makeover can be accomplished under $500.
Here is a before shot of the kitchen before the Make-over. As you can see, the existing counter-tops are just plywood.
- Countertop Transformation Kit $248.
- Leaf Hardware $100
- Curtains & Curtain Rods $108.
- Various Painting Supplies $30
Total Cost of the Kitchen Transformation $486.
This little beauty here (pictured left) is how I transformed our kitchen from blah to beautiful. This kit can be used on numerous surfaces, including existing countertops. The kit is available in multiple colors, I chose charcoal.
First, Lightly sand the surface …, the wipe it down. This project gets a bit messy, so we recommend taping off the cabinets with painters plastic to protect them from accidental paint blotches & to keep the chips from getting into your drawers.
The apply a nice coat of your basecoat (comes in the kit).
Spray the base coat with the “wet” spray, which helps keep your surface moist while you apply your decorative chips.
As you can see, it’s as easy as squeezing a trigger . . .
Next, apply the decorative chips THICKLY! Don’t leave any gaps in your surface. Then, leave it to dry overnight.
The next step is to lightly sand the countertop. Here you can see that when we refinished the counters, we also refinished a couple wooden stands as well, so our coffee tables in the living room would match our kitchen.
Now comes the easiest part of all, mixing the final protective coating and applying it.
Once the coating is applied, the counters will need about 48 hours to cure. They’ll be dry to the touch in just 5-7 hours.
The top coat has anti-microbial finish will not mold or mildew and is non-yellowing and can stand up to daily wear and tear.
Once Dry, simply replace your trim and Voila! Instant Make-over!
Prior to this Redecorating, we didn’t have any hardware on the doors or drawers. In keeping with a natural theme, I added “Leaf” hardware, which turned out to be one of the most expensive additions to the project.
Here are a Couple “After” Shots