So I love the wall art that uses the word LOVE in it and has it shaped like a square, but I could never find anything design wise that fit my style…until…I got the great idea to make my own. Unfortunately I didn’t take any step by step pics so I will describe as best as possible and if you have further questions ask away! Oh and of course you don’t have to do the word love it can be done with any word.
4 Mirrors– preferably the ones with the thin tacky gold or silver border (99 cent store or dollar general)
Glue – (I used deco glue but any kind of glue will do)
Glitter – (99 cent store or dollar general)
Letter and heart image stencil– (I used Microsoft Word for the letters, I made them the size I wanted, printed them up and then cut them out. For the heart I went on Google and found the heart I liked most, printed it up and cut it out)
Paint markers– (This will be the most expensive part of this project but you can reuse these markers multiple times.)
Acrylic paint– (same color as paint markers)
Spray on clear coat
Double sided tape– (They sell this stuff at my 99 cent store here in Cali.)
Frosted glass spray– (Optional)
1. Remove frame from glass along with cardboard backing (be careful the mirrors get more fragile once this step is done)
2. Frost glass – optional (use frosted glass spray) make sure to clean mirror first (use gloves to avoid fingerprints)
3. Trace the letters onto each mirror (use paint markers)
4. Paint the inside of the letters you just traced (acrylic paint) – Let dry
5. Use glue and “paint” sections of letter then sprinkle with glitter (repeat 2x’s once you have covered every letter once) let dry
6. Clear coat – 2x’s (or to your liking)
7. Apply double sided wall mount tape.
8. Apply mirror to wall and enjoy your creation.