If you’re trying to find a way to shuck corn quickly and without a mess, you’ll love this simple tip . . . forget the old tiring way of stripping away the husk and trying to pick off all the corn silk!
Fast Way To Shuck Corn
Last summer when I was cleaning corn, I found if I cut both top and bottom off then shucked it, I saved so much time! Wanted to share it with everyone. And, if you make tamales, the husks are perfect for them.
- Place the full un-shucked ear of corn on a cutting board.
- Cut both of the ends off, then unroll the husk.
- It comes off instantly with no issues!
This tip is great if you’re canning or freezing large amounts of corn or if you’re cooking for a crowd such as a family reunion or neighborhood party.
Neat Uses for Leftover Corn Husks
Once you’ve shucked your corn, don’t toss out the husks, there are several ways you can repurpose them:
- Make a Kitchen Witch or corn husk doll!
- Make a corn husk Angel ornament
How do YOU shuck corn quickly?