An oh so simple frozen, almost like ice cream sandwich recipe that’s sure to be a hit in your house. Fortunately, you probably have everything you need right in your pantry. This recipe could easily be adapted between flavors and mix ins.
The number of sandwiches you actually get will depend on how full you make them. Once the bars are frozen place them in a large freezer bag or container to store. They will keep frozen for weeks but they’ll never last that long…..
Below is the quickie recipe, but keep in mind you can definitely make your own pudding in whatever
1 pkg instant Chocolate Pudding (regular 4 serving size)
1 ½ cup milk
½ cup peanut butter OR Nutella OR 1 c. of stabilized whipped cream
15-18 whole graham crackers
In a medium bowl whisk together the pudding, milk and peanut butter. Let stand for about 5 minutes to thicken. Break graham crackers in half. Spoon thickened pudding mixture on to one graham cracker square and top with another.
Gently press and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze at least 1 hour till firm.
Let stand out of the freezer for a couple minutes before eating if they are too hard for smaller children to bite.
If using fresh fruit you would want to make sure it is pureed smooth or else you will be biting into frozen chunks. There is no rule saying you have to use a mix in. Making the pudding by itself into the frozen sandwich would be just as tasty.
- Vanilla pudding &mashed banana
- Vanilla pudding & pureed strawberries
- Lemon pudding (add 1 cup cool whip or stabilized whipped cream)
- Orange cream and vanilla pudding (tastes like 50-50 bars)
- Vanilla pudding with crushed Oreo cookies
- Vanilla Pudding with a Layer of Chocolate Hot Fudge (Frozen)- = Frozen Eclair Bars
- Layer of Chocolate Pudding, Layer of Marshmallow Fluff for Frozen S'mores
- Layer of Pudding, Layer of thinly sliced fruit gently pressed into it (bananas, strawberries, peaches, cherries (with chocolate pudding!!), etc
Lighten up any flavor and double the amount of servings by combining set pudding with one 8 oz tub of thawed whipped cream topping, just lightly fold the whipped topping into the pudding once it has thickened.
The flavor possibilities are endless! These frozen pudding sandwiches are a tasty treat your family will be sure to love.