If you've spent time at a spa you know salt scrubs are all the rage! The primary purpose of a salt scrub is to exfoliate the skin, which removes the outermost layer of dead skin cells, softening your skin in the process and giving your skin a natural healthy glow.
1 1/2 cups fine sea salt
1/3 cup olive oil or almond oil
3 drops of essential oil of your choice
Exfoliate your soles and heels with this mixture after a bath or foot soak. Or apply it to the legs, arms or have someone apply it to your back!
Combine all in a small bowl, blending well.
How to Use a Body Scrub:
- Sit on the edge of a tub and moisten the area you wish to scrub.
- Place a tablespoon or so of the body scrub in the palm and gently work each area for approximately 1-3 minutes. If you work too quickly you won't properly exfoliate.
- Be sure not to
- Gently rinse the area with warm water, but don't use soap or shower gel to remove it.
- If you want baby-smooth skin, exfoliate once weekly.
- Body scrubs should never be used on the face.
Treating yourself to a lovely Home Spa treatment is a fantastic way to save money while still taking some much needed time out for yourself.
More Home Spa Recipes you might also enjoy:
- Chocolate Silk Coffee Scrub
- Cinnamon Coffee Swirl Scrub
- Coffee Scrub
- Energizing Foot Scrub
- Ginger Cinnamon Body Scrub
- Honey & Almond Scrub
- Peppermint Salt Foot Scrub
- Rain Forest Foot Scrub
- More Home Spa Recipes here
What are your favorite Home Spa Treatments?
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / matka_Wariatka