To create the jar, choose a Theme for the contents, cut a strip of scrapbook paper in whatever design you like and wrap it around the jar. The theme can be based on a hobby, job, color, season, etc
Fillings/Contents for your Jar based on the Theme you've chosen
a Mason Jar (wide mouth or regular, both work fine)
A strip of scrapbook paper Or wrapping paper in a pretty design
Print or hand-write a label for your jar
Simply wrap the strip around the jar (it's okay if it doesn't fit the entire way, you'll be adding a cute label anyways!)
Add your label, "______ in a Jar"
Then carefully add your "ingredients" one item at a time. It's helpful to use the eraser end of a pencil to hold other items down, particularly if you're using a regular mouthed mason jar, rather than a wide mouth jar.
Various travel sized items work great as jar fillers
Themed Jar Ideas:
- Create a Spa in a Jar
- Ambiance in a Jar: Candles, Massage Oils, Eye Mask
- BabyCare in a Jar: Baby Massage Oil, pacifier, baby wipes (mini package), socks or slippers, travel size johnson & johnson baby care products
- Energy Burst in a Jar: Peanuts or Cashews, Homemade Latte & Cappuccino Mixes,
- First Aid Jar: this one is great for camping or college dorms, include bandaids,
- Laundry Day Jar: This is a great one for college students, you can add packets of Laundry soap samples, tide stain stick, downy wrinkle releaser, roll of quarters
- Munchie Jar: include snack crackers, cheese & crackers, granola bars, slim jims, beef Jerky etc
- Refreshment in a Jar: Small package of facial wipes, altoids or breath mints, peppermint gum, mini hair brush, Wisp Toothbrushes (the minis)
- Shave in Jar- Razor & new blades, Travel Size shaving cream, shave gel, styptic pen, aftershave
- S'mores in a Jar: homemade marshmallows, Chocolate bars, Graham crackers - use themed chocolate bars, such as santa chocolates or easter chocolates, depending on the time of year
- Sewing Repair Kit in a Jar: small scissors, various colors of thread, buttons, seam ripper, needles, thimble/thumb protector
Share your Theme/Content Ideas in the Comments Below!