* 3 3-ounce packages ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
* 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
* 2 large eggs
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
* 1/4 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
* 1/2 cup golden raisins
* 2 bananas,thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup shredded coconut
* 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish; spread out the bananas in a layer on the bottom of the buttered dish.
Place the noodles in a bowl, cover with hot tap water and soak, flipping once, for 10 minutes; the noodles should pull apart easily. Drain well; toss with the melted butter.
In a large bowl combine the the eggs, sugar, coconut milk, sour cream, almond extract, cardamom, anise seed and a pinch of salt, whisking well until fully incorporated. Stir in the noodles, raisins and ginger until combined. Gently Pour over the bananas in the prepared pan.
Sprinkle coconut and almonds over the top, Bake until golden brown and set, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.