Why do companies Pay people to shop?
Three words, Service, Service, Service. Have you ever heard the old saying, it takes years to build a reputation and a minute to destroy one? Companies spend thousands of dollars each year on advertising and employee training. If an employee is not providing good customer service or fails to be courteous, the company may never get a second
By filling out the questionnaires, the mystery shopper provides the company with a completely unbiased view of how it is being presented to and perceived by the customer.
How does it work?
Companies each have their own guidelines of what the mystery shopper should be looking for. Some of these may include:
1. The Cleanliness of the establishment- if a clothing store- whether the clothes were organized or in disarray. If it's a Restaurant, you may be asked to view the restrooms and report whether they were sanitary and well stocked.
2. Employee Feedback- such as- were they courteous, did they offer to help, were they able to answer questions on the product they offered for sale.
For example- when Mystery
What you can expect:
You can expect that you will be required to keep track of approved expenses.
You can expect to be required to provide receipts (for later reimbursement)
You will have to pay for some items up front (for which you will later be reimbursed). For example, if mystery shopping a fast food chain, you may be required to purchase a meal deal. You'll turn in the receipt and a week or so later you should receive a check.
What Not to Do:
- Don't deal with companies that request payments or fee's
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I signed up online with several companies, but most of the time they don't bother to tell you whether you've been accepted. What should I do?
A. The companies
2. Is it possible to make this a full-time job?
A. While it is possible, for most people, mystery shopping is a way to supplement your income, as well as get a few "free" meals. Whether or not you are able to make a living will be determined by your location.
3. We live on a Military base, are military commissaries shopped?
A. Yes, several companies do shop military commissaries. You may have to check into various companies to locate one.
4. Is Mystery Shopping Safe? Should I be concerned about giving out too much information?
A. The key to mystery shopping is to know the company that hired you. View the National Center for Professional Mystery Shoppers to learn more about the company you're thinking of
5. How can I find Legit Companies to work with?
A. Here is a list of several hundred various mystery shopping companies that we've become aware of the last few years.