Did you know that it can take less than 22 seconds for a tree to be fully engulfed and take over a room?
- 2 c. Karo Corn Syrup
- 2 oz. Liquid Chlorine Bleach
- 2 pinches Epsom Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Borax (found in the laundry aisle!)
- 1 tsp. Chelated Iron
Make a fresh cut on the bottom of your Xmas tree with a saw. Try to cut level taking off at least one inch. Immediately after
Place your tree in a stand with a well where liquids can be poured (SAVE REMAINING SOLUTION).
After your tree is in the stand fill solution from the bucket into tree well using a cup or other smaller container.
Every day without exception , the well of the tree stand must be “TOPPED-UP” with the solution from the two gallon bucket.
Follow these simple directions & your tree will be fireproofed. (as Fireproof as possible!) It may save your home and family from those fire tragedies we always hear about around the holidays!
This is how it works:
The Karo Syrup provides the sugar necessary to allow the base of the tree to take up water. Up to 1.5 gallons of water can be taken up by the tree over a two week period.
Boron in the “Borax” allows
Magnesium compounds in the Epsom Salt and Iron form the Chelated Iron provide essential components for the production of chlorophyll which will keep the tree green.
The bleach prevents mold from forming in your solution.
Some of the other beneficial side-affects of this procedure are that the needles will not drop and you will notice an increase in natural pine fragrance.
submitted to Budget101.com by Sunny B. via the budget101 discussion list
Disclaimer- common sense applies, If you neglect to water your tree and it dries out, it's a fire hazard. Nothing is fool-proof, this is only to help keep the tree alive for a few weeks & reduce the risk of fire.