You'll need the Following:
- 1 1/3 c. Epsom Salts or Sea Salts
- 1 1/3 c. Baking Soda
- 1/2 c. Powdered Milk
- 1/2 c. citric acid powder (I purchase this in bulk at walmart in the pharmacy section or at health food stores in the beer/wine making section)
- 20 Oz. Plastic Soda or Water Bottle, washed out & Dried thoroughly (or 24 oz and add 2 T. More powdered milk)
- 10-15 drops of Vanilla EssentialOil Or Essential oil of your choice (Please note, Fragrance oils Can be used, but they tend to irritate sensitive skin. Essential oils are pure & less likely to irritate or cause reaction.) See differences
Now.. How to Make Them!
In a large bowl combine the salts & baking soda, stirring thoroughly. Carefully add in the powdered milk, squishing it through your hands or sifting it to break up any lumps.
Next, add your essential oils for your desired fragrance (see list of ideas below!), and blend well. Finally, add your citric acid, and mix it in if children are making these, be sure they wash their hands immediately following this step.)
Next, Roll a piece of paper into a cone shape to use as a funnel, or use a funnel & carefully pour the bath fizz gently into the bottle. The Contents may settle a bit, tap it gently on the counter, continue filling & then cap it off tightly.
Now.. It's time to decorate your ...Soda Bath Fizz.
<---( This is a view of what your fizz can do!)
Cream Soda Fizz: Vanilla Essential Oil
Cherry Vanilla Fizz: simply add 2 pkgs of unsweetened Cherry Kool-aid to the above recipe. The color will be a very light pink, & smell delicious!
Ginger-Ale : Omit Vanilla Essential oil & add 10 drops Ginger Essential Oil & a couple small slices of dried ginger root if desired. "Ginger Ale Fizz - soak out whatever "ales" you."
Tropical Paradise: add 2 pkgs tropical punch kool-aid
Grape Soda Fizz: Omit Essential Oil & add 2 pkgs Grape Kool-aid
Orange Soda Fizz: omit essential oil & add 2 pkgs orange kool-aid
Orange Cream Soda Fizz: vanilla essential oil & 2 pkgs orange cool aid
Attach a Tag:
- I'd "Soda" like to wish you a Merry Christmas!
- Add a couple Tablespoons to a full tub, It's Soda-lightful!
- We're Soda-Lighted
Download Pre-made Labels!
Directions for Labels: Each sheet prints 3 labels, lengthwise. Simply Cut the label, wrap around your bottle & voila! (pre-made Labels are designed for 24 Oz. water bottles)
Orange Soda Fizz
Grape Soda Fizz
Tropical Paradise Fizz
Cherry Vanilla Soda Fizz
Print or Download This Craft Project
Copyrights Liss Burnell 2003