• Almond Pancake Mix

    Comments 8 Comments
    1. BeckyStreet58's Avatar
      BeckyStreet58 -
      I have been looking around this site, looking for just a basic pancake mix recipe. I cant seem to find one. Can anyone help me?
    1. Liss's Avatar
      Liss -
      Quote Originally Posted by BeckyStreet58 View Post
      I have been looking around this site, looking for just a basic pancake mix recipe. I cant seem to find one. Can anyone help me?
      Try #5 or #25 here:

      Budget101.com - - Breakfast Mixes Recipes | Make Your Own Mixes | Mix Recipes
    1. GinnyIckle's Avatar
      GinnyIckle -
      3/4 c baking soda obviously isn't correct. What should it be?
    1. FreebieQueen's Avatar
      FreebieQueen -
      Quote Originally Posted by GinnyIckle View Post
      3/4 c baking soda obviously isn't correct. What should it be?

      the correct ingredient is 3/4 cup Baking POWDER
    1. Chicachi's Avatar
      Chicachi -
      Quote Originally Posted by FreebieQueen View Post
      the correct ingredient is 3/4 cup Baking POWDER
      I have stumbled upon these recipes years after everyone else it seems...

      3/4 cup baking powder is not correct either. It is not the ingredient that I think is wrong but the amount. Neither baking soda or baking powder should need that much in any small recipe, I'm thinking closer to 2 tsp. or something like that. Thanks.
    1. Liss's Avatar
      Liss -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicachi View Post

      3/4 cup baking powder is not correct either. It is not the ingredient that I think is wrong but the amount. Neither baking soda or baking powder should need that much in any small recipe, I'm thinking closer to 2 tsp. or something like that. Thanks.

      The amount of baking powder in the recipe is indeed correct, that is a big reason why the pancakes rise so high.
    1. Chicachi's Avatar
      Chicachi -
      Haha seems soooo wrong! Please, if anyone tries this, please post how they turned out. Never ever seen a recipe like it!
    1. BellyJean's Avatar
      BellyJean -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicachi View Post
      Haha seems soooo wrong! Please, if anyone tries this, please post how they turned out. Never ever seen a recipe like it!
      Really? It's actually pretty common to use 2-3 Tablespoons of Baking powder in pancake recipes. Nigella uses it in her homemade pancake mix too. https://www.nigella.com/ask/baking-p...in-pancake-mix
    Comments Leave Comment

    Click here to log in Or Click Here to Register for Free

    How many hours are there in 1 week?

    📢 All Article comments are moderated to prevent 💩
  • Disclaimer: The use of any trademarked names on or within the pages of Budget101.com should not be considered an endorsement by the trademark holders. All Trademark rights remain the property of their respective holders and are solely being used a brief descriptive of the recipes being provided.