Forum Replies Created
I just did this. Free shipping too!September 10, 2008 at 12:58 pm in reply to: Store Coupon Acceptance Policies (Printed Coupons) #398350
I emailed Target after my internet coupons were refused at my local store–with the cashier’s response being that “we don’t accept those anymore.”
Here’s Target Corp’s response. And yes they do!
thanks for asking us about using coupons at target. coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores. because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at target.
when accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:
– we accept two kinds of coupons: target-issued and manufacturer-issued.
– we’ll accept one target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
– we can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in this case, we’re able to adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.
– we can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
– all valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you’re checking out.
additionally, it sounds like you received some misinformation from the store and i apologize for the inconvenience. we know the importance of having well-trained team members who can quickly and accurately assist you. your feedback about your checkout experience has been passed on to our store training lead for follow up with the store.
for questions about using a specific coupon, we encourage you to stop by guest service and ask to speak with the guest service team leader. they’ll do their best to help while you’re in the store. if you still have questions after speaking with them, please call our guest relations team at (800) 440-0680.
Either way, we’re here to help!