- This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated September 2, 2008 at 3:46 pm by .
- August 12, 2006 at 7:24 pm #237199Liss
This is from a neighbor of mine, she’s always trying new things (she
loves to cook and bake) so I’m sure it’s very yummy, just thought I
This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The
best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet!!Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with
Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2)
with a little milk and shake to combine them. Put out a variety of
ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash
browns, salsa, etc. Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice
to their bag and shake.
Make sure to get the air out of the bag and
zip it up.
Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.
You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make
another pot of boiling water.
Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for
everyone to be amazed.
Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets
involved in the process and a great conversation piece.
Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in
boiling water while you get ready.And in 13 minutes, you got a
nice omelet for a quick breakfast!!! I used tomatoes, ham, green
onions, cheddar cheese and mushrooms in this one!
- September 2, 2008 at 11:18 am #398192clrp32
I agree about the heavier meant to use bags for this. It is a wonderful idea, and I will pass it along to my fellow Girl Scouts! It would be great to use while camping.
I wonder if you could make these well in advance and freeze for later use. I might experiment and see. Thanks!
- September 2, 2008 at 3:46 pm #398200FreebieQueenYou actually could make these ahead of time in those Steamer Bags they sell and then toss them in the micro. I don’t know about reheating vacuum seal bags over an open fire, not a good plan I dont think.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.