- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm by .
- November 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm #311703MrsPaws
1 beaten egg
1/3 cup finely crushed cracker crumbs
1-2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp fresh minced garlic-divided
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb lean ground beef
2 small zucchini-chopped
2 stalks celery-chopped
1 medium onion-chopped
2 cans (14-15 oz cans) Italian style diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (14 oz) can beef broth
1/2 cup uncooked dry small shell pasta
1 tbsp dry Italian seasonings
1. In a large bowl, combine egg, cracker crumbs, cheese, parsley, 1/2 tsp garlic,and pepper. Add ground beef.
Mix well. Shape into 34-36 (1 inch) meatballs.
2. Spray dutch oven with nonstick spray. Cook meatballs in batches over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
Remove from dutch oven and set aside.
3. In same dutch oven, cook zucchini, celery, remaining garlic, and onion until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, beef broth, and pasta.
Bring to boiling, Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in meatballs and heat through.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.