- January 14, 2009 at 2:06 am #269395
Zesty Chicken with Corn Salsa
Add zing to your chicken breasts with chili powder and ground cumin. From Prevention Healthy Cooking.
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:30 min
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can (7 oz) Green Giant® whole kernel sweet corn, drained
1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup Progresso® red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In cup, combine chili powder, brown sugar and cumin. Rub both sides of chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in hot oil 12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion reads 160°F and juices run clear.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together corn, red pepper, cucumber, kidney beans, lime juice and salt.
4. Evenly divide corn salsa onto 4 plates. Top each with a chicken breast.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.