- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated February 3, 2009 at 6:34 pm by .
- January 31, 2009 at 6:34 pm #270150mos
Prepare your vegetables as you normally would and place leftovers in a 2-cup sized containers and add leftover veggies (any kind) during the week until the cup is filled. Then you’re ready for the next recipe.
Angel Hair Pasta with Vegetables
1/2 lb angel hair pasta
olive oil spray
2 cups veggies
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup vegetable broth, or water
3 cups spaghetti sauce, homemade or jar
1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, or Romano cheese, grated
Cook pasta in boiling water about 3 minutes until just cooked throughout. Drain and keep warm. Spray oil in a heavy nonstick skillet and heat over medium high heat.Sauté onions 2 minutes. Add veggies and stock and continue to sauté 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are heated through. Stir in sauce and cook until heated through.
Combine pasta with vegetable sauce in a serving bowl and toss. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. 4 servings = about 420 calories depending on veggies.
- February 3, 2009 at 11:38 am #413616JoAnn
Angel Hair Pasta is an all time favorite of mine, Thanks
- February 3, 2009 at 11:50 am #413617Janice TerrellSounds very easy, cheap and tasty. Thanks for the recipe.
- February 3, 2009 at 6:34 pm #413664mos
super easy and a way to use up leftovers!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.