- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated November 21, 2008 at 4:47 pm by .
- November 15, 2008 at 11:57 am #266683mos
This works great with ANY leftover pasta, but you need at least 2 cups, cooked!
2 cups cooked pasta
2 tbs margarine or butter
1 large onion chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced (out of garlic? substitute 1 tsp powder!)
1 15-oz tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups half and half or light cream
1 10-oz pkg frozen peas
1/2 cup Parmesan
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce (optional)
In large skillet, heat margarine over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Stirring frequently, saute 4 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 4 minutes. Gradually stir in half and half, peas, Parmesan, salt and hot pepper sauce. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Toss with warmed pasta. Makes 8 servins.Not vegetarian? Add 2 cups chopped, shredded, etc. meat — whatever’s on hand!
- November 15, 2008 at 6:11 pm #403641faxonfive
Now this is an excellent sounding recipe!!! Do you know if its anything lie te Parma Rosa sauce??
- November 16, 2008 at 1:18 pm #403722mos
close, but lighter in texture and spicier;-)
- November 19, 2008 at 10:29 pm #404043beansthemamaWOW! Yum Mos you need to start your own cookbook! Always creative yummy recipes posted by you. Thank you
- November 21, 2008 at 4:27 pm #404242mos
thank you! that’s a sweet thing to say;-)
- November 21, 2008 at 4:47 pm #404243faxonfive
Thank Mo’s I love Parma Rosa but I dont know about the spicey stuff!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.