- This topic is empty.
- May 3, 2021 at 11:01 am #597941
Delicious yogurt apple scone recipe, easy scones bursting with cinnamon, perfect for breakfast!
Yogurt Apple Scones
2 cups all-purpose flour, or fine whole wheat flour
2 tbs granulated sugar, or more as needed
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup finely diced apple pieces
1/2 cup golden raisins, regular raisins, or dried cranberries
3/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream — or more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with silicone or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold butter pieces and cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. This can be done by hand or by using the pulse function on a food processor.
- Make a well in the center and add the yogurt.
- Mix with a knife to form a soft, non-sticky dough. Do not over mix.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead gently for 30 sec to smooth the underside.
- Roll or pat the dough into a circle with a thickness of 1/2 inch. Cut it into 8 triangles with a pastry cutter dipped in flour.
- Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and brush with some yogurt or sour cream.
- Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 12 to 15 min, or until the scones begin to brown. Serves 8
Stir in the apples and golden raisins if using.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.