- This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated December 1, 2013 at 12:28 pm by .
- October 24, 2009 at 4:54 pm #277755mos
Creamy asparagus pasta with sun-dried tomatoes
Italian vegetable strataMexican Monte Cristo
Mushroom-chive frittata with goat cheese
Cinnamon-spiked ham with pineapple-rum glaze, baked potato, and California blendCurried fruit and pork stir-fry over rice
Ham, egg and wilted watercress salad
- October 24, 2009 at 10:11 pm #425835brchbell
What’s “Mexican Monte Cristo”?
- October 25, 2009 at 3:53 pm #425859mosMexican Monte Cristo
2 tbs parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 slices sourdough or other firm bread
4 slices pepper Jack cheese
1 1/2 tbs butter, divided
1/2 cup chunky salsa
Whisk eggs, cilantro, salt and pepper in shallow dish or pie plate. Make two sandwiches with two slices of cheese each. Carefully dip in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
Melt 1 tbs of the butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, adding remaining 1/2 tbs butter before carefully turning. Serve with salsa and a fork!
2 servings = about 600 calories.
- October 28, 2013 at 5:16 pm #444807WrinkleyoldYour menus make me drool! Yummmmmm
- November 9, 2013 at 9:42 pm #445051mos
Thank you! This is an old menu when I had a bit more time to be creative. Lately, I’ve been focusing on trying to get members to be creative on the spot by purchasing only from the mark-down bin.
It’s kinda tough to remember ingredients in the store when you buy this way. You’ve challenged ME to forget my recipes (most posted here) and come up with something new on the spot! Thanks again!
- November 10, 2013 at 1:52 am #445056WrinkleyI’ll be drooling over the new menus, I’m sure! Thanks, this really helps me.
- December 1, 2013 at 2:43 am #445396Casey
This sounds really good, will have to try it for a quick lunch this week.
- December 1, 2013 at 12:28 pm #445400mos
Hope that you like it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.