Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Worst budgeting items..tips – taxes

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I will be homeschooling my child next year and would like to know if school related expenses, such as curriculum, school supplies, field trip activities, etc., are deductible?

There is no deduction for your child’s home schooling expenses. These are nondeductible personal, living, or family expenses. Please refer to Publication 529, Miscellaneous Deductions.

https://www.homeschoolzone.com/faq/taxes.htm

I found this online

I’m assuming the same is true for all extra curricular activities for public schooled children as well since it is not a business and not a business expense.

Quote:
      Susanne Anderson <sueand56@yahoo.com> wrote:

Quote:

Maja,

My kids are all grown, well partly anyway, the youngest is a freshman in college, but my oldest 2 have 7 kids between them (and one on the way!) and I have been perusing the IRS site and cannot find anything relating to deductions for extracurricular activities, sports, school supplies etc. Where do you take the deduction? Under what category?

Sue

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Worst budgeting items..tips – taxes