Worst budgeting items..tips – taxes

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Worst budgeting items..tips – taxes

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I don’t like that philosophy. I believe we should keep good records and know exactly what is and what is not deductible and pay the right taxes. (Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s).

I tend to come out ahead because I keep good records of all legitimate donations to goodwill, etc and seem to come out ahead of those who tend to bend the rules.

I’m not saying you are bending the rules, but this still doesn’t make sense to me. Why would playing sports be a donation, but homeschooling and public school curriculumnot be deductible. It is an actual hobby not a donation to the school.

oh well i could ask the irs.
      thanks shawn

original message —-
      to: budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 6:25:44 AM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Re:Worst budgeting items..tips – taxes

we have an acountant and his phylosphy is would rather deduct and have them tell us later that is can not than not use as a deduction and then could have and not be able to add. that is how i am able to use all my daughters sporting as a donation.

i dont dare do the taxes. we have quick books for the book keeping and then i print it and hand it in.

much easier that way. and makes all the categories on thier. and i add a heading if i need to.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Worst budgeting items..tips – taxes