Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

My mother’s cheesecake recipe –with an adult twist (shown in variations beneath recipe)
      ~*~

butter bottom and sides of a round cake pan or pie plate, set aside

preheat oven to 350

~*~

in a mixing bowl, add:

4 packages, 8 oz each, softened cream cheese
      3 eggs
      2 cups sugar
      3 tablespoons Chambord (Raspberry Liqueur)

when blended smooth, pour into prepared baking dish

swirl in raspberry jam (I prefer to “cut” the jam out of the jar with a butter knife, and then place long slice into the batter mix so that it looks like rays of sunshine, and then swirl in a circular motion)

bake for 1 hour or until it’s golden brown and bubbly.

This cheesecake will sink in the center, and makes its own crust. dust lightly with powdered sugar or make a chambord raspberry reduction sauce to drizzle over each slice.

keep refrigerated, cut when ready to serve.

variations —

substitute 2 Tablespoons Butterscotch Schnapps, then top with warm butterscotch caramel sauce

Substitute 2 Tablespoons Absolut Lemon Vodka, add in zested lemon rind before baking and top with powdered sugar and sugared thin lemon twists

Substitute 2 Tablespoons Baily’s Irish Cream, add in crushed malt balls before baking and top with warm chocolate topping

Avatar for CulArtStudentbethaliz6894
      Participant

this sounds really good.

I have one question, If you didn’t want to use the liqueur, what would you replace it with? I am wondering if I could use a few drops of an extract for flavoring instead?

vanilla extract —

you don’t taste the alcohol — but it enhances the flavor so much more. — giving it depth.

the original recipe calls for Vanilla extract — but I would imagine you could use other flavors … like almond extract or something.

the original thread should read 2 tablespoons of …… not three — that’s why there is a difference in the variations listed below.
      sorry, i can’t find the edit button.

Participant

I wondered because I have never been one to drink. therefor I never have any of the liqueurs on hand. I am to cheap to buy a bottle for 2-3 tablespoons.

you can find the miniature bottles (like they serve on airplanes) at most liquor stores — they will set you back about $2.00

if you tell me what flavor, I will send you that flavor…

Participant

I had no idea I can get little bottles. would any liquor store sell them? can I get the butterscotch schnapps there?

I can do 2.00. 🙂

if you message me your address, I will send some to you. 🙂

Participant

Thank you very much for the offer. when the kids go back to school, I am going to run into the liquor store and see if they have it. if not, I will take you up on the offer.

🙂 I really don’t want to put you through any trouble.

I’d like to say “they know me there” [liquor store], but that just insinuates the wrong thing — though, as of today, I think I should take up drinking as a habit… lol… but …

we live in a small city where everyone knows pretty much everyone, so “they know me there” because i make cheesecakes all the time…and they are my “dealer” lol

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.