- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated August 1, 2014 at 4:12 pm by .
- July 25, 2014 at 11:34 pm #344727
2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup flour
2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, margarine, or oil
1/8 tsp white pepper
In medium bowl, combine dry milk, flour and salt and mix well with a wire whisk to blend. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter, margarine or oil until mixture resembles cornmeal. Put in an airtight container and store in refrigerator.
Use white sauce mix within 2 months. To make white sauce, combine 1/2 cup white sauce mix and 1 cup cool water in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
Season as desired. Makes about 1-1/2 cups sauce.
- July 31, 2014 at 9:16 am #457042
I use something like this for my “cream of anything” soup mix. I just mix the 2 cups flour and 2 1/2 cups dry milk and store in an airtight container. Then I use this and add whatever flavoring I want at the time I am making it.
- August 1, 2014 at 4:12 pm #457104
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing;-D
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.