- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated November 2, 2008 at 5:13 pm by .
- November 1, 2008 at 8:10 pm #265619rtebalt
A delicious blend of salty and sweet makes these white chocolate peanut butter balls taste as good as they look. Box them with Peanut Butter Buckeyes for a pretty gift set.
Makes about 4 dozen snowballs1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 (16-ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
1/2 cup shelled, unsalted peanuts
1. Line 1 large baking sheet with aluminum foil and another with waxed paper; set both aside. Using an electric mixer (or a wooden spoon), beat together the peanut butter and butter in a large bowl until blended and smooth. Add the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time; blend until smooth.
2. Press the mixture into 1-inch balls. (The dough will be dry, so it may be easier to form with damp hands.) Place the balls on the foil-lined sheet. Let stand until firm, about 30 minutes.3. Melt the white chocolate chips and shortening in a heatproof bowl set atop a pot of simmering water over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat. Using a toothpick for a handle, pierce each ball, then dip it into the melted chocolate. Spoon chocolate over the balls to coat them, if needed. Set them on the waxed-paper-lined sheet and top each with a peanut half. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- November 2, 2008 at 5:05 pm #402354incheck4real
I really like this idea !! I bet these would be neat as a gift ina pretty holiday tin !!!
- November 2, 2008 at 5:13 pm #402356rtebalt
They would! You could buy those mini cupcake papers & place them in those & inside a cute tin. It will look store-bought! 🙂
You can mix them up with some other home-made candies & give out “sampler” boxes. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.